Combining 7 Hyaluronic Acids (2.1%) plus 0.2% Zinc Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Oat Beta Glucan, Panthenol, Allantoin, Skinasensyl, Niacinamide and Centella Extract.
A comprehensive hydrating serum to restore and maintain the skin’s barrier function and replenish dry, dehydrated and compromised skin conditions.
An ideal moisture serum for use after intensive treatments such as skin needling, laser, hydroxy acid peels and potent anti-oxidants.
Suitable for all skin types.
• Hydrates and nourishes the skin
• Helps restore and maintain the skin’s barrier function (Enhances stratum corneum homeostasis)
• Reduces Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL)
• Assists skin recovery / promotes wound healing
• Restores skin lipids
• Increases skin’s resilience
• Calms and soothes the skin
• Softens the skin
• Promotes an even skin tone
• Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
• Mitigates side-effects such as dryness and irritation that can be caused by potent antioxidants such as retinoic acid and high dosage retinoids as well as acne treatments such as dermatologist prescribed benzyl peroxide etc.
The skin’s natural barrier, known as the stratum corneum, forms an effective shield, restricting environmental stressors such as toxins, allergens and pathogens from penetrating the skin, protecting from chemical damage, abrasion and reducing the escape of moisture. This dynamic natural barrier system can adjust it's composition in response to external stressors; fortifying its defence and replenishing damage. However, it relies on hydration as a catalyst for many of its functions and dehydrated skin results in sub-optimum skin barrier function, hindering its ability to protect and repair.
The skin's natural barrier system is fundamental to maintain healthy skin. A compromised stratum corneum is directly correlated to undesirable skin conditions such as sensitive skin, acne, dry skin, loss of elasticity and accelerated signs of ageing.
The La Clinica Essentials Hydrating Healing Serum contains soothing, nourishing and fortifying actives to assist the skin barrier. These cosmeceutical ingredients include Ceramide-NP, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acids, Zinc Hyaluronate, Niacinamide, Oat Beta Glucan and Skinasensyl.
Traditional acne treatments such as benzyl peroxide, retinoic acid and high dosage retinoids may result in dry skin and irritation. These side effects are one of the main factors for non-adherence to such treatments, leading to poor outcomes. The ingredients in this serum help alleviate these side effects which may enhance the adherence and complement such treatments.
La Clinica Essentials Hydrating & Healing Serum 30ml
Use morning and night after cleansing and toning.
Apply a generous amount onto face and neck areas.
Allow to dry.
Follow with serums, facial oil and face cream.
Aqua, Niacinamide, Oat Beta Glucan, Centella Asiatica (Centella) Extract, Panthenol, Glycerin (Soy / Rapeseed derived), Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Ceramide NP (N-Stearoyl-phytosphingosine), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, C12-C13 Alkyl Glyceryl Hydrolyzed Hyaluronate, Zinc Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Coco-Glucoside, Tetrapeptide-15, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Tetrahydropiperine.
La Clinica For Skin and Body prides itself on its innovation and thus the ingredients listed here may differ from the packaging depending on the time and region of purchase.
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3):
Anti ageing properties, anti acne action, strengthens outer layer of skin. It is a form of Vitamin B3 which strengthens cellular bonds and tightens skin. As a result of this tightening, acne has a tougher time taking root. Research shows the stabilisation of the skin’s outer layer, has an anti-inflammatory effect which can prevent acne break-outs. Also works to assist rosacea. Shown to increase ceramide and intercellular lipids in the skin. Prevents the skin from losing water content. Stimulates micro circulation in the dermis. Has a reputation to lighten skin and it slows down pigment production.
• Increases ceramide production and intercellular lipids
• Stimulates keratinocyte differentiation
• Improves skin barrier function (resists environmental stressors)
• Reduces transepidermal water loss (TEWL)
• Improves skin texture / smoothness
• Reduces the appearance of pores
• Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
• Improves skin elasticity
• Decreases hyperpigmentation
• Decreases redness / blotchiness, yellow looking skin (sallowness)
Ceramides account for 40 – 50% of the lipids found in the outer layers of the skin. They fortify the skin’s natural barrier function; improve long term moisture levels and reduce transepidermal water loss.
As we age, ceramide production slows and the level of the lipids in the outer layers of our skin decreases. This impairs the skin function, and is associated with dry / rough skin, loss of elasticity, wrinkles, sensitive skin and skin disorders such as severe dryness (xerosis), dermatitis and psoriasis.
The Ceramide NP used in this formulation is encapsulated. This not only allows us to run stable high levels of Ceramide NP but assists in skin penetration; resulting in a higher efficacy of the ceramide compared to traditional Ceramide NP.
This combination increases hydration by 167% in comparison to the placebo and 99% over regular Ceramide-NP after 10 days.
Studies have shown that the quantity of Ceramide NP in the skin is significantly correlated with transepidermal water loss.
Acta derm venereal, 1998;78:27-30
• Found naturally within the skin (skin identical ingredient)
• More effective than regular Ceramide NP
• Maintains the skin’s moisture balance
• Reduces TEWL
• Repairs damaged skin barrier
• Effective in restoring dry and damaged skin
Panthenol (1% of total formulation):
A form of vitamin b5. Known for it hydrating, soothing and protective properties.
• Improves and maintains skin barrier function. – J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011)
• Aids superficial wound healing. - Arzneimittelf, 50, 659-663 (2002), Am J Dermatol., 3, 427-433 (2002)
• Hydrating. - J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011)
• Reduces evaporation (TEWL) of water from the outer-layers of the skin. – J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011)
• Protection against irritation. – Contact. Derm., 49, 80 – 84 (2003)
• Has demonstrated that pre-treatment with topically applied panthenol resulted in significantly less damage to the stratum corneum compared with no treatment after inducing irritation. – J. Cosmet. Sci., 62, 361–369 ( July/August 2011), Br. J. Dermatol., 156, 492-498 (200)
Oat Beta Glucan:
• Anti inflammatory
• Supports wound healing
• Improves hydration
• Decreases skin roughness
• Decreases wrinkles
• Stimulates fibroblast and collagen production.
• Assists skin barrier function
IFSCC, 2005, Jan/Mar vol 8. (1)
Wound Repair and Regeneration, 10 (2002) 161-168.
Phytotherapy Research (2014) Feb 159-166
Centella Asiatica Extract:
• Effective in improving treatment of small wounds, superficial burns and psoriasis. - Postepy dermatol. Algergol. 2013 Feb; 30(1): 46-49
• Increases collagen production, and intercellular fibronectin content. - Pharm Biol. 2013;51 (9): 1182-1187, Postepy dermatol. Algergol. 2013 Feb; 30(1): 46-49,
• Improves the tensile strength of newly formed skin. - Postepy dermatol. Algergol. 2013 Feb; 30(1): 46-49
• Anti-oxidant. - Int. J Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 36 (2) Jan-Feb art 12
• Anti inflammatory (soothing). - Int. J Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 36 (2) Jan-Feb art 12, Phytomedicine, April 2018, pages 110–119
• Supports the skin’s barrier
• Has demonstrated to inhibit the enzymatic action of hyaluronidase (enzyme that destroys hyaluronic acid within the skin) potentially increasing the effects of Hyaluronic Acid. - Pharm Biol. 2013;51(9):1182-1187, J Biol Chem. 2007; 282(8):5597-5607
• Anti Inflammatory - Araújo LU et al. Acta Cir Bras. 2010;25:460-466.
• Wound healing - Acta Cir. Bras. vol.25 no.5 São Paulo Sept./Oct. 2010
• Moisturisation - Indian J Dermatol. 2016 May-Jun; 61(3): 279–287.
Skinasensyl [Acetyl Tetrapeptide-15]:
A new generation neurocosmeceutical soother which targets over-reactive skin by:
• Decreasing the release of pro-inflammatory neuromediators (CGRP)
• Reduces the response of the sensory nerve fibres to external stimulation
• Increases the skin’s tolerance threshold.
• Reduction of sensations of pain and discomfort.
Humectants are water attracting molecules that draw in moisture from deep within the skin and from the environment in humid conditions.
Powerful humectants can be counter-intuitive for long term hydration as they draw moisture from the dermis into the epidermis which can be lost through evaporation. For this reason, humectants should be grouped with ingredients to prevent Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL).
Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) 3 x molecular weights (high + med. + low):
Hyaluronic Acid, the primary constituent of the extracellular matrix (ECM) is one of the most powerful humectants. It is renowned for binding up to 1000 times its own weight in water. It visibly plumps up the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. This is achieved mechanically with its targeted hydration and ECM reinforcing action and by signalling fibroblast and collagen production.
Hyaluronic Acid influences instrumental healing processes such as inflammation, cellular migration, tissue stabilisation and cellular renewal.
Hyaluronic acid, especially low molecular weight demonstrates potent anti oxidant properties.
All Hyaluronic Acids in La Clinica For Skin And Body’s products are cold processed and manufactured under low shear mixing to ensure the Hyaluronic Acid is not fragmented, compromising its specific targeted action.
Zinc Hyaluronate (Zn-HA):
Traditionally used to treat “hard-to-heal” wounds such as diabetic ulcers. Zinc Hyaluronate facilitates healing and demonstrates (in-vivo) a reduction in the healing time of wounds.
C12-C13 Alkyl Glyceryl Hydrolyzed Hyaluronate (Hyalorepair):
A patented hyaluronic acid targeting skin barrier function recovery.
• Targets the horny layer of the skin and repairs skin barrier function.
• Repairs out-balanced lamellar layer
• Prevents Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL).
Reduces TEWL in comparison to common hyaluronic acid and placebo (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
• Increases the water content of the Stratum Corneum in comparison to common hyaluronic acid and placebo (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate (Hyaloveil):
In normal conditions, the skin’s surface is electronically charged negative. Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate is charged positive. This Hyaluronic Acid adheres to the skin by means of ionic bond.
• 17 times more residues left on skin compared to common Hyaluronic Acid after washing (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
• 9 times more hydration in compared to common Hyaluronic Acid after wash (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
• Improves rough skin (induced by SLS) (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer).
Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid (Hyalo-Oligo):
• Penetrates the Stratum Corneum.
• Long lasting moisture retention. Shown to increase hydration of the skin 3 days after application.
Sodium Hyaluronate (HAbooster):
Penetrates into the epidermis of the skin, delivering hydration to deeper levels and signalling fibroblast and collagen production. HA Booster decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles such as crow’s feet and nasolabial folds. • Penetrates into the epidermis
• Promotes production of type 1 pro-collagen
• Promotes the production of collagen
• Promotes the production of metabolic enzyme (stimulates fibroblasts).
• Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Increases skin moisture by 25% @ 0.1% (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer)
• Improves skin texture by -14.8% @ 0.1% (in-vivo / ingredient manufacturer)
Sodium Hyaluronate (Cristalhyal) The 24-hour moisturising HA:
A high purity, high-molecular weight hyaluronic acid which forms a non-occlusive film at the surface of the skin; protecting the skin and retaining moisture levels.
Glycerin + Propanediol:
Propanediol demonstrates improved skin hydration in comparison to glycerin at initial application but lacks the extended moisturisation capacity. However, when combined together, glycerin and propanediol work synergistically to not only improve but extend skin hydration.
Propanediol is naturally derived from sugarcane.
The Glycerin incorporated into all La Clinica For Skin & Body’s products is non-palm derived and sourced from Soy and Rapeseed.