Seeking luminous, radiant skin or want to combat pigmentation, pollution or UV induced skin-stress?
LA CLINICA’s NEW Vitamin C Potent Antioxidant Oil is a light, non-greasy, intensely hydrating face oil containing 30% Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Vitamin C derivative) in a base of non-comodogenic plant derived emollients with added Hyaluronic Acid, Boswellia Extract, Vitamin E and Tetrahydropiperine.
Vitamin C is the most prominent antioxidant in our skin. Due to the fact that we as humans lack the enzyme enabling us to synthesise Vitamin C, we should supplement our skin with topical applications.
La Clinica Gly C Vitamin C Potent Antioxidant Oil 15ml
Use day and night after cleansing and toning.
Apply 3-6 drops onto face and neck areas using upward strokes.
Follow with moisturiser and eye cream.
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Vitamin C), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil (Organic), Squalane (Plant derived), Caprylyl Caprylate/Caprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract (Organic), Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil, Argania Spinose Kernel (Argan) Oil (Organic), Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Oil, Boswellia Serrata Extract, PEG-8 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Water, Octyldodeceth-25, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrahydropiperine.
La Clinica For Skin and Body prides itself on its innovation and thus the ingredients listed here may differ from the packaging depending on the time and region of purchase.
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (Vitamin C)
A stable Vitamin C derivative with powerful antioxidant and anti ageing properties, superior absorption and effectively converts into vitamin C within the skin to perform various physiological functions.
• Cell revitalizing activity – Shown to significantly increase cell proliferation (in-vitro).
• Significantly promotes collagen synthesis. Shown to be more effective than L-Ascorbic Acid (in-vitro).
• Demonstrated to drastically inhibit the activity of collagen degrading enzyme. The inhibitory effect shown to be considerably higher than that of L-Ascorbic Acid (in-vitro).
Superior Skin Penetration
• Efficient absorption into human dermal fibroblasts. Shown that the intake of ascorbic acid into the skin after the addition of Ascorbyl Tetra Isopalmitate is considerably higher than that after the addition of L-Ascorbic Acid by itself (in-vitro).
• Shown to have higher skin penetration/absorption than Ascorbyl Glucoside (in-vivo).
Skin lighting / Anti pigmentation
• Inhibits activity of intracellular tyrosinase and melanogenesis (the production of melanin) (in-vitro).
• Studies have also shown a reduction of UV-induced pigmentation (in-vivo).
• The ability to boost skin radiance and luminosity.
• Shown to be more effective at scavenging singlet oxygen than L-Ascorbic Acid (in-vitro).
• Demonstrated to inhibit sebum oxidation induced via UVB irradiation to the same level as the control group without UVB irradiation (in-vivo).
• Shown to improve the vitality of epidermal cells damaged by hydrogen-peroxide and a separate test with t-BHP (both used to induce ROS damage) above that of cells treated with the same dosage of Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Glucoside and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (in-vitro).
• Proven SOD-like activity.
Protects skin from UVA & UVB
• Protective effect on cell damaged caused by UV induced irradiation demonstrated to be more effective than L-Ascorbic Acid (in-vitro).
• Protection of DNA damage induced from UVB irradiation more effective that L-Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (in-vitro / Comet Assay test).
• Inhibits DNA damage induced by UVA.
• Protection of cell damage induced by UVA – Demonstrated a 31.5% reduction of cell death after treatment with Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (in-vitro).
Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil (Organic)
Jojoba Oil is very similar to the sebum created by the sebaceous glands within the dermis. Sebum is fundamental for skin health. It assists in keeping the skin moisturised, maintains skin elasticity and preserves the skin’s barrier. Due to Jojoba oil’s sebum like qualities it is readily accepted and easily absorbed by our skin and has shown to be effective in enhancing the permeation and efficacy of the active ingredients it is combined with.
G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2013 Dec;148(6):687-91
Curr Drug Deliv. 2017;14(3):426-432
Jojoba oil exhibits high oxidative stability and is resistant to premature degradation. Studies suggest Jojoba oil accelerates wound healing and stimulates collagen synthesis.
J Ethnopharmacol. 2011 Mar 24;134(2):443-9.
Squalane (Olive derived)
A powerful emollient with high oxidative stability found and created naturally in our skin. Squalane is occlusive yet non-comedogenic and assists dry, inflamed skin conditions. It supports the skin’s barrier and has anti-bacterial properties
Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract (Organic)
Chamomile extract has strong anti inflammatory affects on the skin. It inhibits nitric oxide production within the dermis. Nitric oxide is a catalyst for inflammatory diseases and is associated with acute and chronic inflammations.
Chamomile extract has anti-oxidant and antimicrobial properties and has shown to enhance wound healing.
Electron Physician. 2016 Sep; 8(9): 3024–3031.
Int J Mol Med. 2010 Dec; 26(6): 935–940.
Wound healing (in-vivo)
Z Hautkr. 1987 Sep 1;62(17):1262, 1267-71.
J Wound Care. 2007 Jul;16(7):298-302.
Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil
Chia Seed Oil contains a potent amount of Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and Omega 6 (linoleic acid) fatty acids (about 65% of the oil content) which posses strong anti inflammatory action. A study conducted by Annals of Dermatology in 2010 concluded that a formulation containing 4% Chia Seed Oil as the active ingredient applied topically soothes irritation, restores the skin’s barrier and moisturises dry and inflamed skin. This Potent Antioxidant Oil contains 4% Chia Seed Oil.
Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Oil
Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Oil
Assists in scar prevention.
Reduces discolouration both long and short term.
Boswellia Serrata Extract
Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid)
One of the most renowned, clinically proven humectants that draws in water from the surrounding air and delivers skin-hydration to the outer layers of the dermis.
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
A patented natural permeation enhancer to increase the absorption and efficacy of actives in topical applications.